Sunday 4 September 2016

So-so...

Hello again and welcome to Inso's World.

This week has been pretty quiet due to the insomnia kicking in a bit too much. Even the medication didn't help this week so it has all been a bit of a blur.

As you can imagine, I have not really been in the frame of mind for much hobby stuff and even when I was, I made a few mistakes.

I decided that, in my infinite wisdom, I would paint the base coat on my alien champion and that it would be bright green. After looking at it when it was finished, I realised I had made a big mistake and repainted it the same blue as the rest of them. I then finished the first basecoat of the rest of the colours and it was so untidy that I stopped... and haven't restarted since.

And that... was my practical hobby time this week.

In other news, I watched a charming little film called Moonrise Kingdom... it was a little bit quirky, well cast and something that really ticked all the 'arty' boxes as well. Well worth a watch:



Sam kitten has properly settled in and has been getting a bit more play value from big Fred so there have been some properly amusing fights going on.

This coming week, I will be commuting to a "charity management awareness" course on a daily basis so I doubt that I will be in much of a mind for hobby stuff in the evenings. Still... it's another course and another bit of food for thought.

Oh... I nearly forgot. Games Workshop have started putting out White Dwarf magazine on a monthly basis again and the first issue had one of these as a freebie:


Click the Pic!

It is a Slaughter Priest and is available from HERE for the princely sum of £18!!! Seeing as White Dwarf was £5-99, I can see people buying one just for the £12 saving. I bought a copy for the sake of nostalgia and it was everything I expected it to be; a top quality, well laid out, full colour, advertising pamphlet with a few hobby articles thrown in. If GW is your thing, £5-99 for a monthly magazine of that quality and page count is not an unreasonable price. That said... most of the content can be found online in one form or another so it boils down to whether you like having a magazine or sitting in front of some form of screen.

Well... that's about it. 

See you through the haze!

1 comment:

Simon Quinton said...

I am sat on the fence about whether to purchase the new White Dwarf or not. In some circles I am in it has proved quite popular. Nice looking mini though tempting.......